top of page
Do I have narcissistic personality disorder?
A personality disorder describes a series of maladative behaviours or patterns that are usually present by the time one reaches adolescence and cause long-term difficulties in personal relationships or in functioning in society.
Narcissitic personality disorder refers to the following:
1. You have an exaggerated sense of self-importance.
2. You expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it.
3. You exaggerate your achievements and talents.
4. You are preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate.
5. You believe that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people.
6. You require constant admiration.
7. You have a sense of entitlement.
8. You expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations.
9. You take advantage of others to get what you want.
10. You have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others.
11. You are envious of others and believing others envy you.
12. You behave in an arrogant or haughty manner.
bottom of page